Let me inspire you to cook something delicious. Be sure to visit my YouTube Channelto see how it's done
semi-homemade Pho, beef noodle soup
1 package Pho noodle (fresh), prepared according to instructions on package
1/3 lb thinly sliced beef tenderloin, ask your butcher to do the slicing
1 lb, fresh beef meat balls, cut into halves (your local Vietnamese market has these fresh or frozen)
1 bunch green onion, diced
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1 yellow onion, cut into 3 large rings and grill char over open fire
1 bunch cilantro, diced
1 bunch thai basil
1 bunch vietnamese saw tooth herb (Ngo Gai)
1 lb bean sprout
3 cans of Pho Broth (store bought)
1 small piece ginger, open fired charred
1 bag of dried Pho flavoring herbs/seeds
Premium fish sauce
1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
Sirachi hot sauce
Served at table-side:
1 handful of bean sprouts, handful of cilantro, basil and saw-tooth herb, wedges of limes/lemons, fresh jalepeno slices and pickled red onion slices
1. Prepare noodles according to instructions on package.
2. Place broth and Pho spice package in soup pot. Bring broth to boil. Taste with a tablespoon of fishsauce or to taste. Add a tablespoon of sugar to taste. Put in beef meat balls at the last 2 minutes to warm the already-cooked beef meat balls.
3. Assemble Pho noodle in large soup bowl. Then place slice by slice the raw beef. Top with diced green onion, thin slices of red/white onion, diced cilantro.
4. Laddle hot broth over bowl to cook the raw beef.
5. Serve soup with table-side plate of bean sprout and basil/herbs, with pickled onion and siracha and hoisin.